Divorce Applications

We advise that you are able to prepare and lodge your own Application for Divorce online should you wish to do so. Visit the Federal Circuit & Family Court of Australia website and go to ‘Divorce’ and follow the instructions.

Alternatively, at Howe Jenkin, we are able to attend to preparing and lodging a Divorce Application on your behalf if you would prefer for us to do so.

We advise that you must be separated for 12 months before you are able to lodge an Application for Divorce. You are not able to remarry until you have received your Certificate of Divorce.

We advise that we charge a fee for this service plus the filing fee required by the Federal Circuit Court (which is presently $1,060). Our fee will include our fees and charges for the preparation and lodgement of your Divorce Application, correspondence and any attendances relating to this matter. We may have to use a process server for the service of your court documents. If this is the case, the cost of that process server or any other third party disbursements will be in addition to our fee.

Do You Need Assistance?

Please contact our office to arrange a consultation on how we can assist you with your family law matter.